Large Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
with Toasted Coconut Flakes
By Anna’s Brilliant Cakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- About 2 cups of coconut flakes to cover the cookies in.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With a mixer, mix eggs and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Add the butter.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until completely mixed.
- Put the coconut flakes on a plate.
- Form the dough into 1/8 cup large balls.
- Put one dough ball at a time on the coconut flakes while pressing down to flatten them with the use of more coconut flakes on top. Pat/shape them until they look like cookies.
- Put six cookies on a parchment papered cooking sheet at a time. (This recipe makes 18 cookies).
- Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes, the coconut flakes should look lightly toasted.
- Cool on a cookie sheet until set, about five minutes (the cookies will be very soft), then move them gently to a wire rack to cool completely.